Wednesday 29 August 2007

Making a start - Tea Bag?

So, I've been knitting for about 4 months now but the bug has well and truly bitten - how can I tell? The Stash.

I'm not the slowest of knitters I'm sure but I'm certainly not quick enough to knit wool quicker than I can buy it... so now I'm setting myself the challenge of knitting up my stash and getting a few things sold before I get ANY MORE wool. Aren't I good?

I just love looking through patterns and occasionally knitting to a pattern, but mostly I'm just knitting as I please, I love the idea that with a ball or two of wool you can make beautiful things, OK, not big man-size sweaters or a throw for a king-size bed I admit, but beautiful SMALL things, like scarves, shawls, capes, bags and (who can resist?) baby bootees. And probably more things too. As I get more experienced.

So today I started with a deceptively small ball of Rowan Biggy Print, yes it looks huge but it's about 3 feet long... anyway the colours look like tea to me (but I'm a tea-monster so I may be biased) so I may be making a Tea Bag, I'm not sure yet... I've got a big ball of DK in a taupe sort of colour for a lining and handle too. The big knitting is done, not sure I'm happy with the shape but it took about 15 minutes to knit up all 3 yards of wool so I won't mind re-doing it to a different size. The lining will take longer, all those wee stitches so it might not be finished for a while.

I'm going to get some pix posted up of my other small but beautiful things, feedback welcome - I'd like to get an online shop set up selling my knits so would love to know what people think!

No comments: