Friday 31 August 2007

Part 2: It's Black, Very Black

For today's stash-reducing-attempt I'm cracking on with a scarf I started so long ago it's become Stash again, if I'm honest.

Black,VeryBlack is a man's scarf that's for sure... I'm seeing off 2 balls of R2 black something, it's odd stuff R2, not keen on naming itself or giving away tension, needle size etc, anyway the one I got (in a discontinued sale bin in hobbycraft) is a lovely soft short fuzzy kind of thing, and I've been embellishing with Patons Spirit (grey/black) um, also bought as a 'bargain', you'll notice a theme here, hence the self-imposed yarn ban!

Black is garter stitch either end (R2 and Spirit) for a couple of inches, then moss stitch in between in just R2 - I'm going to make a kind of hole in one end for tucking the first end through, have seen this done but not attempted it... yet! And, I'll be doing it without a safety net...! Tomorrow though, or the day after...

Also, just finished today is Shiver - the snuggly fate of an unbanded ball of fuzzy black yarn (yes, in a bargain bin, ok, I have a problem and I'm dealing with it, OK!) anyway, the fuzzy snuggly black lovely yarn has shimmery black bits in it too and a big ball of I guess 100g was enough to make a very simple short sleeve shrug, everso everso cosy and just the thing for wearing with a strappy vest for an evening out - that' my story and I'm sticking with it. So that's just finished and I'm wearing it now, with trackpants, it's gorgeous. Pics will follow...

Tea Bag is, um, not quite finished...

No comments: